Chicago Restaurant Week
Zealous is thrilled to participate in Chicago’s 2012 Restaurant Week
February 17 – 26th with a three-course and four-course Chef Menu. Reservations recommended.
2012 Chicago Restaurant Week Menu
Choice of Appetizer
- Everchanging Soup Mixed Baby Greens, Roasted Beets, Spiced Hazelnuts, French Feta & Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- Polynesian Chopped Salad of Romaine, Hearts of Palm, Panko Crusted Tiger Shrimp and Macadamia Nuts with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Short Stack of Mango Pancakes with Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Sunnyside-up Quail Egg and Savory Caramel Sauce (additional $9 surcharge)
- Vietnamese Springroll with Kimchee, Melon & Pickled Daikon
- Duo of Grilled Duck Breast, Rillette, Mache, Apple-Fennel Salad & Bacon Vinaigrette
- Szechuan Blue Crab Cakes, Grilled Bok Choy, Soy Mayo & Hoisin Glaze
Choice of Entrée
- Thai Bouillabaisse of Scallop, Mussels, Shrimp & Red Coconut Curry
- Grilled Beef Filet w/Mushroom-Potato Lasagne, Honey Glazed Carrots & Red Wine Reduction
- Vegetarian “Taco-Dosa” Cipollini Onions, Roasted Tomatoes with Blue Goat Cheese
- Eggplant Gâteau with Puttanesca Ragout, Braised Artichokes & Fresh Ricotta
- Roast Halibut, Savoy Cabbage, White Beans, Confit Fingerling Potatoes & Blood Orange Emulsion
- Braised Kurobuta Pork Cheeks, Chimichurri Spiced Broth, Special Chickpeas & Spring Vegetables
Duo of Dessert
Chef’s Three Course Menu
$33.00 plus tax & 20% gratuity (only cash accepted during Restaurant Week)
Four Course Menu with Cheese Assortment
Includes a Selection of Four Cheeses
$44.00 plus tax & 20% gratuity (only cash accepted during Restaurant Week)
Love Is All You Need
Considered one of the most romantic restaurants in Chicago, Zealous is the perfect place to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Join us for a special menu created by Chef Taus.
- Three Course Prix Fixe – $65 per person (not including tax & gratuity)
- Five Course Tasting Menu – $85 per person (not including tax & gratuity)
- Vegetarian and Gluten-Free menus available
- Optional wine pairings available
Tuesday, February 14th. Reservations recommended.
Celebrating 18 Years at Zealous – Social Media Contests
This year, we are pleased to celebrate 18 year. Chef Michael Taus’ award-winning, contemporary American cuisine is known nationwide for its expression of global flavors, making Zealous one of River North’s premier dining destinations since opening its doors in 2000 (the restaurant was located in Elmhurst, IL for its first seven years).
Throughout the months of July and August, we will celebrate Zealous’ 18th birthday by providing everyone with a unique opportunity to win prizes that also happen to be hugely popular favorites of guests at the downtown Chicago restaurant. Details include:
- Challenge the Chef. Throughout the month of July, Chef Taus asks Chicagoans to fantasize about their “dream meal” and put his culinary prowess to the test. With no restrictions on cuisine type or global influence, everyone is invited to tweet their ideas for what he envisions to be a perfect dinner to Chef Taus at @Michael_Taus or become a fan and post them on the Zealous Facebook page at www.facebook.com/zealouschicago. At the end of August, Chef Taus will select the most original entry and will invite its author and a guest to dine at Zealous, where he will actually create the fantasy meal in five courses with wine pairings. Entries suggesting illegal or endangered ingredients will not be considered.
Congratulations to our “Challenge the Chef” winner, Linda Laud who drove 2.5 hours to enjoy the Slovak meal made for her and family.
- A Trip Down Memory Lane. This month, Chef Taus also asks guests familiar and new to become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/zealouschicago and tell him about their favorite Zealous memories over the years on the restaurant’s Facebook wall. Whether celebrating a birthday, engagement, wedding, business success, or whether one happened to stumble upon Zealous and enjoy one of the best meals of their lives, he wants to read about it. No story is too funny, touching or nostalgic. Photos are also welcome to supplement submissions. Authors of the entries with the most “likes” on the Zealous page will have an opportunity to receive a phenomenal set of experiences, which include
- 1.Chef for a Day with Chef Taus. The lucky winner of this prize will travel with Chef Taus to Chicago’s famed Vietnamese market on Argyle St., come back to Zealous for a complete cooking class using the ingredients, and will be invited to stay on for a five-course dinner with a guest.
Congratulations to our “Trip Down Memory Lane” winner, Stephanie Bomi who joined Chef Taus in the kitchen on November 19th.